Monday, September 12, 2011

September Already... and I wish it was May.

Wow how the summer flew.  I know I have yet to finish posting about my summer.. I assure you there is a post sitting there waiting to be edited and had pictures added to it.  It should be posted by the end of the week.  I'm going to try to keep up my daily posts but it might turn into weekly posting since this year I've got 4th level Seminars to worry about getting A's in and I'm overloading a class next term.. EEP! SOS!!! 

So School started up again last Thursday.  I lucked out and don't have class Fridays all term 1- Woo! Hopefully I won't procrastinate and I will actually use that class free day to keep ahead of my work- even though right now it looks like i'll be playing catch-up all week til then.  *sigh* oh well.

I've been to 3 out of 5 classes, including in those 3 one of 2 4th level seminars!! Woo! Love Dr King.. anywho, tomorrow morning I've got seminar 2 of 2 for the term and I'm super excited to see what it's going to be like.  I'm taking mostly (as in 85%) cultural studies classes this year to finish off my combined honours degree which is excellent except for the fact that they are mostly 2nd year classes which are rather large (80-130 students) and entail 2 hours of lecture plus an hour of tutorial which is mandatory and has assignments.. ugh! Like I won't have enough going on with Seminars? Seriously what am I thinking? Gonna be fun, I can tell already. . .

My profs so far are pretty cool, and the one TA I met seems super awesome (She's from Winnipeg in the Manitoba area of this grand country, (Dr&Mrs Smarty-Pants+The Fins- and she knows people who went to Prov!!).  So i'm hoping it's not going to be too much of a train wreck semester but here's hoping!

I'll give you a full course list after I've had my remaining two classes tomorrow and can look at my concise syllabi (sp?) and tell you all the fun stuff I'll be learning and reading.

I can't wait to be finished.  This year just started and I really want it to be ending.. although then lies the impending doom of "big girl world" which sort of terrifies me- just as much,if not more than- my final year of university life.  Don't know how I'm going to get through it but I can't stop fighting now, we're soo close! (must be something in this bag to calm my gitters...eek!).  Well I guess all I can do is tighten my seat belt, pull up my boot straps and secure my baggage as I speed on forward... it looks like we're launching into yet another year folks and it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

More to follow.  Comment if your reading.

XOXO
C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Winnipeg, represent! And, yes, syllabi IS the correct spelling. We're glad you're enjoying your classes so far. I think you'll enjoy the seminars. They are far more interesting then regular survey type classes.

lots of love from Fifin and me

Cristina Bilich said...

I'm sure you're right... but they are a little intimidating.. especially since i'm not much of the do-it-yourself seminar type hehe.. <3