Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gotta Love Procrastination..

Today I went to school for seminar number two and then sat around on the longest break of life... from 11:30am until 7pm when i had night class which lasted half an hour and as usual managed to intimidate the heck out of me.  If you knew my prof you'd know why.  Dr. Clark is a pretty crazy smart guy but dang his classes are tough!  Day 1 and we've already gotta start reading like mad.. and of course the class is the history of critical theory so of course we're starting off by reading Plato's Republic of course he would do that us! *sigh*  Gonna be an even tougher semester now.  Im kinda terrified not gonna lie.

I spent the better part of my big break today doing kind of nothing lol.. I brought the laptop with me and listened to music on 'grooveshark' for 6 hours.  In fact I spent much of my time finding and adding new music to my new "chill out" list.. got about 120 sounds from artists like Bjork!, Muse, Linkin Park, Tool, Perfect Circle, Marilyn Manson..etc.  SO yeah  that wasted a good couple of hours.  I also chatted on msn with people i'd met in Spain lol which was totally awesome and I love technology!  I did do some school stuff also though, I watched he videos on youtube my prof had requested we see and listened to a TED talk by Chamamanda Adichie on "the danger of a single story".. super cool a'll should check her out and check out TED talks if you don't know what they are.. good stuff.   I also listened to Toni Morrison's Nobel prize speech- well half of it.. before i got interrupted by a good friend who not only provided some much needed comical relief but also some positive energy for me to get working again.  We read for about 3 hours side by side today and then went to night class together.. Thank God i'm not alone to suffer!

Seminar 2 sounds good.. It's at 9:30am until 11:20 and is run by the same prof as another course and seems like its going to be good fun and great reads.  And minimal work in comparison to other courses of lesser weight... going to be interesting.

So here's my course list, for those of you who might be interested in the hell i'm going to be experiencing between now and December:

 4th level Seminars:
 -Cultural studies critical theory 4CF3 "contemporary fiction" with my favorite prof of all time, Dr James King.. he's adorable! he is self promoting his mad writing skills by putting one of his fiction novels on the reading list.. hehe awww!! soo cute!
- English 4AA3 "African-American Women Writers" with Dr. O'Conner who is super cool for an older lady lol naw i like her already.. she seems like a good lecturer so im sure she'll be a great seminar leader.

The Rest of It:
- CSCT 2K06 "women writers"- dr O'Conner again... nice to get to see her in two semi-related variably different settings... she's all about journals and response assignments though so i have to do them for this class and her seminar as well... oh well.  there's also the joys of tutorial to contend with. hmm
-CSCT 2M03 "concepts of culture" with Dr. Sarah Brophy who is soo adorable too!  Gonna be a "funsie" course i think.. probably easy.  It has tutorial as well.
-CSCT 3Q03 "the history of cultural studies" with Dr David Clark ( who i had last year for Gender and Sexuality..) and im slightly intimidated especially since he said he remembers me doing well in his last class.. great. A lot of heavy and hard reading to do.. should i have expected any less? nope.

So thats it this semester... tons of reading, tons of speaking, assignments big and small, only three exams tho thank God... but big big big essays in seminar.. eep!  Don't know if I'll be able to make it through this one, going to have to work my butt off like never before.. just gotta stay positive! I think I can.. I think I can.. do I? Yes!

So onward to Wednesday.. only one class tomorrow at 11:30 so i can sleep in and thanks to tutorials not starting until Thursday, i'm done at 12:20 tomorrow :)

XOXO
C

No comments: