Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You are what you eat..

Thanks to reading Julie Powell's novel before bed last night, I woke up this morning with the desire to create something culinarily spectacular.  So I ventured down to the family kitchen only to realise the fridge held little more than 2 eggs, a cup of milk and a bag of 12 grain sliced bread. Well, I wasn't about to let my productive mood go to waste! I found a bowl, a fork, the small whisk and a frying pan and set myself to work. Luckily, there is always an abundance of sugar and cinnamon in the cupboards and butter-o-plenty in the fridge.

Before I even realised my luck, I began whisking together the eggs with the milk and upon adding the sugar and spice found myself creating a very nice french toast breakfast. I heated the pan and in very Julie/Julia fashion, threw in some large scoops of butter and melted them down. In the bowl of eggs etc, I soaked a slice of bread and threw it into the hot pan to toast on both sides.

I made 2 and a half slices like this, sprinkling more sugar ontop and eating them with canned pineapple on the side. They were so delicious, I didn't even share with the bees!

Felt so good and productive and culinary artist- Julia Child and Julie Powell-like that I took a picture of my masterpiece to share.

Check out the colour on my french toast...Hope it doesn't set your mouth watering too much!

Simplicity at its best to make- more a dishes dirtier than anything but absolutely the perfect no-fuss fancy breakfast idea.  

XoXo




No comments: