Saturday, December 1, 2012

December first and...

There's snow on the ground!!! The end of November brought the first snow fall to our little neck of the "true north strong and free" which has remained on the ground, covering bushes and benches and grass and walkways from one end of the city to the other.
Its astounding how a little bit a snow- we barely got half an inch- makes people forget how to drive and can cause accidents left, right, and centre. Oh Canada, how easily we forget  what this "broad domain"  looks like for 5 months of the year! Luckily, no one in my family had much trouble... although I believe my one of my brothers-in-law couldn't get out of a parkinglot on account of the slippery black ice and did in fact slide right back into the parkingspot from which he was trying to vacate.
Another interesting story I heard among my communication channels last night is about a dear friend of mine who left his place of work in Mississauga at 3:30pm and didn't get home until 10pm because traffic was bumper to bumper at less than 10 km/hr. And even though his unidirectional tires were on backwards, he made it safely- don't worry, he's a mechanic and knows what he's doing about tires, just didn't anticipate the snow...
Anyway, I think the city looks wonderful covered in white- even though I had to shovel it when I got home last night twice over because it was still snowing. The roads were rather icy thanks to the initial icy-rain that had fallen but the city sanded and salted valiantly so I have no accidents to report that I witnessed.
Figured you'd like to see what our first snow fall looks like. Enjoy! Comment and/or email :)
Xoxo
C











No comments: