Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The middle of October

The month is flying by and I've been measuring the time by the changing of leaves and the chill in the air, but this past weekend we had a freak heat wave come through. It was so warm that people were out and about in short sleeves and shorts.. such a strange sight to behold. Stranger still though were the bloomed flowers in my backyard... we were so certain that the cold and below zero temperatures had just about extinguished the plants and yet one of my mothers plants bloomed. Now I'm no expert on plants and their blooming seasons, but I'm pretty sure that they need the sun... and we hadn't had much of that lately either. But much to my surprise, I found these lovely red flowers yesterday. Check out the picture below.

So even when the winter chill stirs the air early, there is still hope for a bloom or two.

I can't believe that we're in the middle of October already... I love the changing leaves, but the faster they change, the faster the snow comes. Though I love the snow, I don't like the 30 below :) but I guess that's what's to be expected from winters in Canada. Check out the pictures i took around my house..

Never the less, I'm loving the fall atmosphere and I hope you're October is transitioning nicely- wherever you may be.

15 days til NANOWRIMO!!!

Xoxo







No comments: