Thursday, June 7, 2012

My current week..

As you know, since May I've been sitting around not doing much besides family time or trips to the local shopping centres but the past two weeks I've been pretty active visiting friends, sewing and helping a hungarian priest with his ESL classes.  Its really an experience for me as a university English major because
while I know how to "turn a phrase", the construction of sentences, words and their sounds is a completely different task. I suppose I should have taken a semantics or linguistics class but I'm not big into word trees (hehe). All in all, its a nice experience helping him and since we are using italian as the primary language I can finally get back into practicing it regularly so I don't lose it like I had feared when I was using my spanish more the past two years. Sometimes I think that my head is going to explode and all anyone will see are words and phrases in various languages.. here's hoping I can keep it all in :)

So last night I went out for a quick jaunt to the local Tim's and I can't believe how clear the evening sky was! If you've been following the local southern ontario weather forcasts and updates as of late, you'll see that we finally got the storming rain that they've been calling for. In the immortal words of chicken little, I thought for certain that "the sky was falling" but interestingly enough it just misted and dripped and thundered around. Much to my excitement, it was a wonderfully warm and clear evening. There are some pics of the sky around 9pm and one really epic shot I got of our driveway tree.. ah! The amazing things that a camera flash can do!

So this past weekend we had my sisters bridal shower, and it was really just a beautiful day! We ended up with a some lovely fresh cut flowers and surprisingly they're lasting quite some time.. check out the pics of them I took the other day!

I'm going round to one of me old haunts today... a few friends and I are getting together to revisit our alma mater for a little "reunion".  Its so peaceful this time of year and I intend on taking pictures to update my albums with. Later on I'm going with one of the girls to make risotto and have a "ladies in their sensibilities" BBC Jane Austen movie evening. I wager it will be a romping good time!

Anyway enough rambles! Check out my pics and drop a comment or email if you like.

Xoxo
C









No comments: